STEM Summer Camp for High School Students
JUNE 10-14, 2024
The STEM Summer Camp program for all high school students is a week-long day camp that focuses on a broad sampling of relevant science and engineering topics. Camp attendees will experience multidisciplinary projects working with Ohio State Marion faculty in molecular genetics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, robotics, programming, and engineering. During this camp student participants will:
- Exercise their critical thinking skills during problem solving sessions focusing on building boats they must pilot across the Marion YMCA swimming pool.
- Work collaboratively in teams to complete a STEM-themed escape room challenge primarily focusing on problem solving in mathematics and biochemistry.
- Build and program an Arduino-compatible robot they will take home as a souvenir.
- Experience inquiry-based learning in OSU science labs when they use PCR to amplify DNA from a mock crime scene investigation to identify the guilty suspect.
- Perform chemical analysis to determine if a painting is legitimate or a forgery.
- Learn about mechanical engineering as they tour the Honda Facility and experience the museum at Honda Heritage Center.
- Experience hands-on activities in the field as they examine macroinvertebrates during a field trip to Terradise Nature Preserve and the Marion Tallgrass Trail.
- Receive a Certificate of Successful Completion from The Ohio State University at Marion.
Where: Ohio State Marion, Science and Engineering Building
When: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Cost: $165 (lunch and lab costs are included in the registration fee)
Eligibility: Applicant must be enrolled as a rising freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior in any high school.
Use the following link to apply for STEM Summer Camp for High School Students:
Coming November 1st, 2023. Stay Tuned.
Registration will close May 31st, 2024, or at the earliest date all available spaces are filled. Internet access is required for completing the application form and remitting the camp fee.
For more information or questions please contact Dr. Tiffiny Rye-McCurdy at email@example.com
Honda helps make Ohio State Marion's STEM initiatives possible through a grant that supports education.