The Ohio State University at Marion’s awards program honors outstanding alumni who have contributed significantly to their professions and/or communities.
The criteria for election to the Alumni Hall of Fame are as follows:
- The nominee must have successfully completed a minimum of two (2) semesters or three (3) quarters of full time study at Ohio State Marion.
- The nominee must have attended The Ohio State University at Marion 15 or more years ago to be eligible for nomination.
- The nominee should be an advocate for the University and achieved distinction in their field and/or for making a difference in the lives of others through outstanding professional, personal or community contributions.
- Alumni may be nominated posthumously
- Individuals may nominate multiple alumni. Please submit one nomination form for each person.
The nomination period for the 2023 Marion Alumni Hall of Fame will start on April 3, 2023 and end June 9, 2023. The selection committee will then decide on a pool of final candidates, and nominees or their representatives will be asked to submit a personal statement and contact information for two references who can speak to the above criteria. The winner will be announced to the public in September and the award will be presented at a special Alumni Awards Reception in the fall at Ohio State Marion.
The names of persons nominated but not selected will be kept on file for a minimum of three years. Nominators may update the file annually if they desire.
If you have questions about nominations, please call the Development & Community Relations Office at 740-725-6340.