Students in select second-year writing classes at Ohio State Marion are collecting oral history materials showing Marion County residents' involvement in, and attitudes toward, science, industry, and technology. A primary goal is to document the technical history of workers, their families, jobs, and businesses in north central Ohio.
If you have questions or need more information, e-mail email@example.com or leave a message for Sue Oakes at (740) 725-6147.
- increasing community awareness of local history on a topic central to the life of a community
- preserving memories, especially those of an aging generation of workers
- understanding activities and attitudes in contemporary workplaces and workforces
- exploring ways in which science and technology have helped to form local cultures
- increasing student engagement as they actively participate in preserving memories
- exploring topics relevant to student classwork and future employment
- collecting and preserving primary sources for the study of industrial culture
- strengthening university ties to a variety of local groups serving Marion County