The Ohio State University at Marion

Academic Advising

Advising office located in Suite 100 Maynard Hall

Welcome Students! Scheduling for Summer and Autumn 17 is underway!

If you have been away from Ohio State and would like to resume taking classes in summer or autumn 2017 please call 740-725-6334 for more information.

Important Dates and Deadlines for Students
Online Transcript Ordering Transcripts are not available for printing or pick-up at Marion campus
Enrollment Verification

Academic Advising Walk-In Hours for SPRING 2017 (hours are subject to change without notice)

  • Monday 1:30-3:00 pm
  • Tuesday 9:30-11:00 am

NOTE: Walk in hours are for quick questions that can be resolved immediately or to begin a conversation that will be followed up with an appointment. Walk in hours do not replace appointments with your academic advisor. Walk-in hours are subject to change without notice. Because walk in hours are staffed in a rotation you may not see your advisor of record.

Do you have a hold on your Student Center (account)?

  • Reasons a hold may be placed on your Student Center include but are not limited to:
  • Financial Responsibility Statement is not completed. This must be completed prior to scheduling each semester for all current OSU students
  • Past due financial balance -check your statement of account and call Financial Aid at 740-725-6389, or the number listed in your student center messages, if you have questions
  • When a student has an academic grade point average under 2.0 a scheduling hold is placed on your student center. See your advisor for assistance in scheduling and contact finanical aid if you have financial holds
  • Missing high school and/or college transcripts for transfer students will create a hold- call Admissions at 740-725-6242 for assistance
  • You are a first semester student at Ohio State and have not met with an academic advisor or attended new student orientation or want to adjust your schedule. All scheduling changes must include a conversation with your academic advisor

Earn Your Associate of Arts Degree from The Ohio State University!

Students wishing to apply for the Associate of Arts degree should contact the Academic Advising Department at 740-725-6334. Deadline to apply is the 10th Friday of each semester.

Grade Forgiveness

If you feel a course scheduled for spring 2017 should be completed for grade forgiveness please discuss this with your academic advisor immediately. Deadline for requesting grade forgiveness for spring 2017 is the 4th Friday of the spring semester, February 3, 2017. Restrictions may apply to your situation, meet with your advisor before the deadline to confirm eligibility and complete the request form.

What is the Grade Forgiveness Policy?
Students of any rank may be eligible to repeat up to three courses for grade forgiveness. Some restrictions may apply. Students must meet with their academic advisor to discuss eligibility for the policy and complete the requirement paperwork if they are eligible and decide to use the policy. Deadlines to apply for grade forgiveness exist each semester. Please plan ahead with your advisor. Registrar and rule 3335-8-27.1 Grade forgiveness rule