Advising office located in Suite 100 Maynard Hall
If you have been away from Ohio State and would like to resume taking classes in Spring 2018 please call 740-725-6334 for more information. Deadlines apply.
Important Dates and Deadlines for Autumn 2017
Online Transcript Ordering Transcripts must be ordered by the student online. They are not available for printing or pick-up at Marion campus. For assistance call 614-292-9330.
Does Academic Advising have walk-in hours?
Autumn 2017 walk-in hours are: Monday's 1-3 pm and Tuesday's 9-11am
Academic Advising Walk-In Hours are for quick questions or to alert someone to an issue that will require a follow up appointment.
NOTE: hours are subject to change without notification based on advising calendars. Students will see advisor available. If a student needs to see only their advisor of record, an appointment may be required.
Do you have a hold on your Student Center (account)? Check your To-Do-List
- Reasons a hold may be placed on your Student Center include but are not limited to:
- Financial Responsibility Statement is not completed. This must be completed prior to scheduling courses each semester for all current OSU students
- Past due financial balance -check your statement of account in Buckeye Link. Financial Aid at 740-725-6389, or the number listed in your student center messages
- When a student has an academic grade point average under 2.0 a scheduling hold is placed on the student's Buckeye Link Student Center. See your advisor for assistance in scheduling and contact Financial Aid if you have financial holds
- Missing high school and/or college transcripts for transfer students will create an account hold- call Admissions at 740-725-6242 for assistance
- You are a first semester college student at Ohio State and have not met with an academic advisor or want to adjust your schedule. All scheduling changes for new OSU students must include a conversation with your academic advisor (this includes College Credit Plus (CPP) students who are in their first semester of post high school college enrollment)
Earn Your Associate of Arts Degree from The Ohio State University!
Students wishing to apply for the Associate of Arts degree should contact the Academic Advising Department at 740-725-6334. Deadline to apply is the 8th Friday of each semester.
Applying for Grade Forgiveness- application must be completed by student online
If you feel a course scheduled for Autumn 2017 should be completed for grade forgiveness, you must complete the application online. The deadline to apply for grade forgiveness using autumn 2017 coursework is the 4th Friday of the fall semester, Friday, September 15th. Restrictions may apply to your situation so please meet with your academic advisor before the deadline to confirm eligibility.
What is the Grade Forgiveness Policy?
Undergraduate students of any rank may be eligible to repeat up to three courses for grade forgiveness. Students must meet with their academic advisor to discuss eligibility for the policy. Some restrictions may apply. The deadline to submit the online application for grade forgiveness is the 4th Friday of autumn and spring semester. The application deadline for summer 2017 courses has passed. Confirm the summer 2018 application deadline with your advisor when you schedule your summer 18 courses. Details about Grade Forgiveness can be found here 3335-8-27.1. Electronic forms to apply for grade forgiveness can be found at the Registrar's webpage . Applications for autumn 2017 open July 17, 2017.