Welcome Students! The Academic Advising Office is located in suite 100 Maynard Hall
Current and returning students should call 740-725-6334 with questions or to schedule an appointment to see an advisor. Deadlines to enroll apply for returning students. The office is open from 8:00 a.m.
Online Transcript Ordering Transcripts must be ordered by the student online. They are not available for printing or pick-up at Marion campus. For assistance call 614-292-9330.
Enrollment Verification This link will provide you with options and instructions to generate verification of your enrollment at the university.
How do I make an appointment?
Appointments can be made by calling 740-725-6334 or stopping in person in 100 Maynard Hall to schedule an appointment with your advisor of record.
If you are planning to change your major or would like information on a major different from your current area of study, or if you are undecided on a major, reqeust your appointment be with the advisor who works with major you are considering.
Please know we do not schedule same day appointments. This is to allow the advisor to prepare for your appointment by reviewing your information prior to your appointment. Students can email their advisor or stop in the office and fill out an Advisor Question Form which provides your advisor with information about your question or issue and may eliminate a need for an appointment.
If you have an immediate emergency situation impacting your academics for the semester, please contact the advising office and we will assist you right away.
Financial Aid issues should be addressed with the Financial Aid Department by calling 740-725-6242.
Why do I have a hold on my Buckeye Link?
- Reasons a hold may be placed on your Buckeye Link include, but are not limited to:
- Your Financial Responsibility Statement is not completed. This must be completed prior to scheduling courses each semester for all current OSU students. The link to the Financial Responsibility Statement is located in your To-Do-List in your Student Center.
- Past due financial balance. Check your statement of account in Buckeye Link to confirm your status. If you have questions about your statement of account, or any message to you from the Financial Aid Office, call 740-725-6389, or the phone number listed in your Buckeye Link message. (Academic Advisors do not have access to your financial aid information).
- When a student has a cumulative academic grade point average under 2.0 a scheduling hold is placed on the student's Buckeye Link . Contact the Academic Advsing Office at 740-725-6334 to discuss your hold. Contact Financial Aid if you have a financial hold- 740-725-6389
- Missing high school and/or college transcripts will create an account hold. Contact Marion campus Admissions at 740-725-6242 for assistance
- Are you a first semester college student at The Ohio State University and want to adjust your class schedule after you attended orientation? All schedule changes for new students must include conversation with your academic advisor (this includes College Credit Plu s (CPP) students who are in their first semester of post high school college enrollment).
How to I apply for my Associate of Arts degree?
Students you would like to apply for the Associate of Arts Degree should contact the Academic Advising Department at 740-725-6334. Deadlines apply.
How do I apply for Grade Forgiveness?
Grade Forgiveness applications are due by the 4th Friday of the autumn and spring semesters. Various deadlines apply for summer semester, contact the advisng office for more details. 740-725-6334. Students complete the application to use grade forgiveness by visiting the Registrar's Webpage and following the directions for the online application. Grade Forgiveness can only be petitioned for coursework completed at The Ohio State Univeristy--transfer credit from another institution does not qualify.
What is the Grade Forgiveness Policy?
Undergraduate students of any rank may be eligible to repeat up to three courses for grade forgiveness. Students must meet with their academic advisor to discuss eligibility for the policy. Some restrictions may apply. The deadline to submit the online application for grade forgiveness is the 4th Friday of autumn and spring semester. Details about Grade Forgiveness can be found here 3335-8-27.1. Electronic forms to apply for grade forgiveness can be found at the Registrar's webpage by clicking students>current>forms>gradeforgiveness
I am waitlisted for a class...what does that mean? What do I do next?
Students who wish to enroll in a course with no open seats available can choose to add their name to the waitlist for a course. If a seat opens up in the course or the instructor grants permission to accept additional students, the student may have the opportunity to enter the class from the waitlist. Click here for details on enrolling from a waitlist.
What is Digital Flagship and where do I find help learning to use my iPad?