Student Board Representative
Emily Christman was appointed to the Ohio State Marion Board in 2016. She serves on the board as a representative of the student body.
Represent Ohio State Marion students, earn a $900 scholarship
The Ohio State University at Marion is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 Student Representative to the Ohio State Marion Board. Students may pick up application/petition in Maynard Hall, Room 100; or at the Morrill Hall Campus Information Desk, Morrill Hall, Room 150 or
>>> download the application.
Petitions in support of candidacy must contain 25 signatures of Ohio State Marion students enrolled for at least 6 hours spring semester.
The Student Representative position comments on concerns regarding academic programs, student support services, and overall experiences of Ohio State University students with the Marion Campus Board. The Student Representative is required to attend monthly meetings and has no vote on the board.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Attend Student Government and other student organization meetings to maintain association with his or her constituents
- Participate in monthly Ohio State Marion Board meetings. Demonstrate confidentiality and discretion and act in accordance with Board Policies, By-Laws, and Rules of Order
- Inform students of Ohio State Marion Board issues of interest and concern to students
- Meet once a semester with the Ohio State Marion student affairs staff
- Participate in the selection process for future student representatives
- Must be an undergraduate student with enrollment in at least 6 credit hours per semester
- He/she must be in good academic standing-not on disciplinary probation
- Students must maintain satisfactory progress towards a baccalaureate or equivalent degree at Ohio State Marion.
- Continued enrollment at the Marion Campus or Delaware Partnership for the term of appointment
- Must be a resident of the state of Ohio. The Ohio State Marion Board student representative is an elected position.
The elected student will receive a $900 scholarship (divided over 2 semesters, contingent upon enrollment status and board meeting attendance). If you have any comments or questions, please contact Karen Leuthold, Program Coordinator of Student Life and Diversity Inclusion, e-mail at: email@example.com or by phone at (740) 725-6273