Science & Engineering Building Update-Feb. 2017
Each month, Ohio State Marion Dean and Director, Gregory S. Rose provides an update from Carrie Schick of Ruscilli Construction Company on Science and Engineering Building construction progress. Below is a synopsis for the most recent progress report, ending February 2017.
This 33,500 sq. ft. facility is a $15.5 million investment in STEM field education on the Marion campus. The building opens for classes in autumn 2017, providing much-needed student access to state-of-the-art laboratory, research and classroom space for multiple science and engineering disciplines.
Construction Activities: Building construction continues
- Curtainwall framing is complete on the south side and has moved around to the north.
- Metal wall panels at the penthouse are complete except for some detailing.
- Interior drywall, finishing, and painting are ongoing.
- MEP above ceiling work is near complete on the second floor and working on the first.
- Concrete grinding and polishing expected to start in the next couple weeks.
- Cabinets and casework are ready to be installed once floors are complete.
- Brick cleaning to start once weather allows.
- Site grading and landscaping on schedule to start in the spring.
Safe Working Days: 216, as of 3/6/17