About Welcome Day 2020
Welcome Day is one of The Ohio State University at Marion’s great traditions. The Marion campus annually celebrates the start of each new Buckeye's college journey. This year, Welcome Day will take place virtually on August 24th from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Attendance at Welcome Day is a graded component of the freshman exploration course.
What to expect:
Students will login into Carmen Zoom with members of their exploration class, where they will watch convocation, meet their exploration professor, have a Q. and A. with faculty, and interact with upperclassmen.
What you need to do to prepare:
- Carmen Zoom links for Welcome Day will be sent to students through their buckeyemail by August 9th. You must click on the link to attend the online session.
- We encourage you try to login into Carmen Zoom before welcome day so you do not run into any technical issues. Guidance on how to login into Carmen Zoom is found at this link: https://resourcecenter.odee.osu.edu/carmenzoom/getting-started-carmenzoom
- We encourage you to log into Carmen Zoom through a tablet, laptop or PC (not a smart phone). Make sure that the device you use is plugged in as video conferencing is draining on batteries.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be passed out to all students via drive through set-up on Saturday, August 22nd, (more details to come)
- For information on returning to campus visit the Safe and Healthy Buckeyes website
For hearing impaired students please reach out to The Ohio State University at Marion's Office of Disability Services at email@example.com if you need accommodations for video conferencing.
If you have any issues accessing your buckeye mail or logging into Carmen Zoom contact the Office of the Chief Information Officer at:
Self-service and chat support: https://ocio.osu.edu/help;
Text telephone for the hearing impaired: 614-688-8743
For other questions about Welcome Day contact Karen Leuthold, program coordinator for student life at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-725-6273.