STEM Summer Camp
STEM Summer Camp
Monday, June 4 - Friday, June 8, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Science and Engineering Building
Our camp curriculum will have a major focus on relevant science and engineering topics, as well as incorporating the arts through video production and editing. All camp attendees will experience four integrated, multidisciplinary projects working directly with Ohio State Marion faculty, undergraduate peer mentors, and local high school teachers.
1. Students will experience a field biology exercise in the Yoder Prairie Nature Center, an 11-acre tall grass prairie at Ohio State Marion.
2. Attendees will combine mechanical and electrical engineering, computer programming, and robotics as they design, build, and write the code to control an electric-powered model Advanced Energy Vehicle (AEV).
3. Students will use state-of-the-art biochemistry techniques to identify a “guilty suspect” via the DNA samples left behind at a mock crime scene.
4. Additionally students will learn how to produce and edit YouTube videos about the STEM projects experienced during camp. On the last day of camp, students will share their videos with faculty, staff, and family during our closing ceremony.
Cost: Lunch, field trips, and lab costs are included in the $100.00 registration fee.
• Begin your college academic experience in classes taught by Ohio State faculty
• Sessions include hands-on projects teaching computer programming, engineering, chemistry, biology, physics, and geology
• Tour The Ohio State University at Columbus Campus
• Mentorship by current STEM majors
• Ohio State Marion luncheons with local STEM professionals
• All attendees will receive a $250.00 scholarship to attend The Ohio State University at Marion
• Champions of the engineer project contest will receive an additional $500.00 scholarship to attend The Ohio State University at Marion
Applicant must be a US citizen or permanent resident currently enrolled as an upcoming freshman, sophomore, or junior in any U.S. high school.
. The online application is soon to come.