The Ohio State Marion Student Emergency Fund supports any Ohio State Marion student in financial emergency situations on a case-by-case basis. These funds help eligible students pay for unforeseen expenses and remove barriers to academic success. Funds are also available for books and supplies for students in need.
If you are experiencing an unexpected financial emergency that could affect your success as a student, the Student Emergency Fund may be an option. Student applications and award amounts are reviewed by a campus committee in consultation with Ohio State Marion Financial Aid. Funds shall not be used as regular annual scholarship awards for tuition and fees.
This Student Emergency Fund application process is made possible by the Student Emergency Fund. To find more information about the fund or to donate to the fund, click here: Student Emergency Fund
Students may also use this application to request funds for books and supplies, thanks to the two following funds. To learn more or donate please visit:
The Dixie Strawser Memorial Fund
Lauren Vinson/Zenan Wample Memorial Fund
- Marion campus student
- Enrolled in the current term
- Minimum of a cumulative 2.0 GPA at time of application is expected (does not apply to first semester new students). Extenuating circumstances will be evaluated
- Have filed the FAFSA and completed any verification processes required
- Have room in their Cost of Attendance (your financial aid budget). Unsure? Contact Kelly Crum at MarionSFA@osu.edu
- Only one award per financial aid year
- Cannot be used towards tuition and fees
1. Complete the application at: https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bslp2qOJlhSrlD7. Include all documentation associated with your financial emergency (a car repair bill, utility bill, etc.) or information about what books or supplies you need covered (screenshots or receipts). You will receive an email confirmation once your application is submitted.
2. Your application will be reviewed by the Student Emergency Fund committee. If more information or clarification is needed, you may receive a follow-up email or phone call. Students will hear a decision within two calendar weeks, but most decisions are made sooner. You will receive communication either way via phone and/or email.
3. If approved, your communication will inform you of the amount, and the committee will work diligently to process funding as quickly as possible. Awards will be uploaded directly to your Statement of Account through Financial Aid. If you are not already signed up for direct deposit, please follow instructions here.
- Other agencies, including some colleges/departments, are also providing emergency aid to students and families. If you have already received emergency funds from another university source you should only apply if you have additional expenses that were not already covered.
- If you have questions about the process, please contact Kelly Crum or Michelle McKinniss at MarionSFA@osu.edu.
Other Resources During Financial Emergencies
- Counseling and Wellness resources
- Marion campus food pantry: email MRNemail@example.com
- University Student Advocacy Center: https://advocacy.osu.edu/
- State of Ohio assistance programs: https://ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/site/residents/top...
- Students who are tech insecure should contact their academic advisor to learn more about the Student Technology Loan Program.
- Scarlet and Gray Financial coaching: https://swc.osu.edu/services/financial-education/f...
- If you are not a Marion campus student, please contact your financial aid office on your respective campus for your options.