Eligibility for Services
To initiate services, documentation of one of the following disabilities must be provided to the Office of Disability Services:
- Visual Impairment—A copy of a recent eye examination, which should include diagnosis and a copy of a recent Individualized Education Plan (IEP), if available.
- Mobility Impairment Diagnosis—must include a description of functional limitations, and a record of medications used, prescribed dosage, and any side effects experienced.
- Hearing Impairment—A copy of a recent audiological examination, which should include a diagnosis with etiology, degree, type, and configuration of loss, as well as a copy of a recent IEP, if available.
- Psychiatric Disability—A current letter from a psychologist or psychiatrist stating the diagnosis, characteristics of the disability, and medication.
- Learning Disability—A copy of a recent IEP or Multi-Factor Evaluation (MFE) and results of last psycho-educational test battery.
- Chronic Illness—A letter from a physician stating the diagnosis and impact of the disability, including any limitations and medication.
- Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder—A copy of a recent diagnostic report which states the DSM diagnosis; symptoms; instruments and procedures used to make the diagnosis; and the dosage, type, and frequency of your current medication.
- Other—Students with other types of disabilities should consult with the Office of Disability Services staff to determine the documentation needed. The intent of the documentation is to ensure that those with legitimate disabilities receive services appropriate for the characteristics of the disability.