In 1957, state legislation proposed to provide access to higher education within a thirty-mile radius of every Ohio citizen, beginning the regional campus systems for state-assisted universities.
The Ohio State University began offering night classes in Marion, Ohio in October 1957 at Marion Harding High School. In 1968 a parcel of land located off of Route 95 in Marion was chosen to locate what is now The Ohio State University at Marion, one of six Ohio State campuses statewide.
Today, The Ohio State University at Marion is a co-located campus with Marion Technical College. The Marion campus encompasses eight buildings on 186 acres, serving the higher education needs of an estimated 3250-4000 students per semester between the two schools.
We provide an affordable education combining the rigor and opportunities of a leading research university with the support of a small campus to prepare our graduates for their professions within a global society.
We will be the destination of choice for those seeking a university education at a campus recognized for excellence in teaching, research, community outreach, and global citizenship.