Marion Campus Recreation
What is the Office of Recreation?
The Marion Campus Office of Recreation serves the social and recreational needs of students from both The Ohio State University at Marion and Marion Technical College. Central to our goal is providing students a well rounded college experience not only in the classroom, but outside the classroom.
Where are we located?
Alber Student Center
Room 104 (SD 104)
(740) 725-6015 Office Phone
(740) 725-6206 Front Desk
Student Life Personnel:
Coordinator of Recreational and Environmental Programming, Erin Slater, firstname.lastname@example.org (740) 725- Alber Student Center, Room 106D
Assistant Director of Student Life/Diversity and Inclusion, Kathleen Clemons-Keller, email@example.com (740) 725-6251 - Alber Student Center, Room 106C
What activities and facilities does Alber Student Center feature?
The Alber Student Center features a student lounge area w/big screen TV's; gymnasium; men's & women's locker rooms; indoor rock climbing wall; weight/fitness room; student ID WiFi; pool tables, ping pong table, air hockey; video game systems & games (Wii); cornhole; outdoor volleyball; fitness & recreational equipment; and much more.
How do I access games, sports equipment, and other items for activities on campus?
Bring your Ohio State Marion or Marion Technical student ID to room 104 in the Alber Student Center and a student recreational assistant will help you sign out any equipment you need for your activity.
Alber Student Center Autumn Hours
Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Reservations are required to use the Fitness Center, Multipurpose Room, and the Gymnasium
- All guests must wear a mask over your nose, mouth, and chin AT ALL TIMES.
Everyone must complete their wellness check and have a green checkmark before entering the Alber Student Center
- If you do not have access to the OSU app, fill out this form. You can scan this QR Code to complete the wellness check:
- All guests will be required to sign in upon entering the student center.
- Guests must bring their own basketball
- No games, shooting only. Only one person per basket
- Fitness Center:
- Masks are required at all times. Adjust workouts accordingly.
- Wipe down every piece of equipment that is used.
- The fitness center and multipurpose room will be closed for cleaning from 1 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. every day for cleaning.
Top Five Reasons For Getting Your Student ID
All participants must have a student ID to participate in Intramural Events and Leagues. To find out more about our programs visit the Intramurals page.
Stress of the school year getting to you? Come visit the Fitness Center to de-stress.
Events on Campus:
Present your student ID to gain access to all of the cool events on the Marion Campus.
Discounts in the Community:
Are all of the amazing things on campus not enough? Take your ID to any community business listed on our website to receive great, money-saving discounts!