Alumni Hall of Fame
2020 and 2021 Inductee Recognition
It was with great anticipation that we established the Ohio State Marion Alumni Hall of Fame. We were excited to honor our alumni for their successes and to learn about their achievements in the workplace, home, and in their communities. Just as we were set to celebrate the dedication and induct one member from each of Ohio State Marion’s five decades, the university placed all events on hold temporarily as the coronavirus started sweeping through Ohio. Little did we know how much would change over the next year. Currently, the university is planning to allow some in-person events in the fall of 2021 with many precautions being taken. We plan to celebrate the 2020 and 2021 inductees in one ceremony this fall as we feel it is important to proceed, even if the event will be limited. We have learned how to make better use of technology over the past 12 months and will certainly use what we have to our advantage in our planning.
The Ohio State University at Marion’s awards program honors outstanding alumni who have contributed significantly to their professions and/or communities.
The criteria for election to the Alumni Hall of Fame are as follows:
- The nominee must have successfully completed a minimum of two (2) semesters or three (3) quarters of full time study at Ohio State Marion.
- The nominee must have attended The Ohio State University at Marion 15 or more years ago to be eligible for nomination.
- The nominee should be an advocate for the University and achieved distinction in their field and/or for making a difference in the lives of others through outstanding professional, personal or community contributions.
- Alumni may be nominated posthumously
- Individuals may nominate multiple alumni. Please submit one nomination form for each person.
NOMINATIONS FOR 2021 WILL OPEN ON MAY 1, 2021 THROUGH JULY 1, 2021
Nominations for the Ohio State Marion alumni awards programs will be accepted from May 1, 2021 through July 1, 2021 using the form below. The selection committee will then select a pool of final candidates, and nominees or their representatives will be asked to submit a personal statement and contact information for two references who can speak to the above criteria. The winner will be announced to the public in October and the award will be presented at a special Alumni Awards Reception during Homecoming week on the Ohio State Marion campus. The event will likely be a combination of in-person and live streaming. The names of persons nominated but not selected will be kept on file for a minimum of three years. Nominators may update the file annually if they desire.
The nominators and endorsers will receive 6-weeks advance notice and will be invited to attend the induction reception. Depending on university guidance for in-person events, attendance may be limited.
To submit an alumna/us for consideration, please fill out the following form: