STEM Summer Camp for High School Students
>> Click Here to Register <<
The STEM Summer Camp focuses on relevant science and engineering topics, as well as incorporating the arts through video production and editing. Camp attendees will experience four integrated, multidisciplinary projects working directly with Ohio State Marion faculty, undergraduate peer mentors, and local high school teachers.
Camp participants will:
- Experience a field biology exercise in the Yoder Prairie Nature Center, an 11-acre tall grass prairie at Ohio State Marion.
- Gain experience working with robots to implement simple tasks and compete in a team challenge.
- Learn state-of-the-art biochemistry techniques to identify disease traits in DNA samples.
- Experience multidisciplinary projects covering a wide range of engineering concepts.
- All participants will receive a certificate of completion from The Ohio State University at Marion.
- Receive a $250 scholarship to attend The Ohio State University at Marion
When: June 10th - June 14th
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Where: Ohio State Marion's Science and Engineering Building
Cost: $100 (lunch, snack, and lab costs are included in the registration fee)
Eligibility: Applicant must be enrolled as a rising freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior in any high school.
To apply, click the online registration link at the top of this page. Complete all steps outlined to submit your application. Applications are due by 5 pm on April 30, 2019. Spaces are limited so register today!
After getting accepted into the program, please click here to download the release forms, complete them, and mail them with a check payable to: OSU Marion.
The Ohio State University at Marion
Summer Camp Coordinators
210B MSE Building
1465 Mt. Vernon Avenue
Marion, OH 43302
For more information or questions please contact Dr. Tiffiny Rye-McCurdy at MRN-SummerPrograms@osu.edu