STEM Summer Camp for High School Students
>> Registration is Open <<
June 8-12, 2020 • 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The STEM Summer Camp focuses on relevant science and engineering topics. Camp attendees will experience four integrated, multidisciplinary projects working directly with Ohio State Marion faculty, undergraduate peer mentors, and local high school teachers.
Camp participants will:
- Experience problem solving and explore engineering concepts while building watercrafts to pilot in our cardboard boat regatta
- Gain experience working with robots to implement simple tasks and compete in a team challenge.
- Learn to build, pilot, and race drones.
- Explore enzymes and sugar metabolism during biochemistry sessions.
- Experience a hands-on encounter with animals from the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium while learning about animal conservation.
- All participants will receive a Certificate of Successful Completion from The Ohio State University at Marion.
- Receive a $250 scholarship to attend The Ohio State University at Marion
Where: Ohio State Marion's Science and Engineering Building
Cost: $125 (lunch, snack, and lab costs are included in the registration fee)
Eligibility: Applicant must be enrolled as a rising freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior in any high school.
Stay tuned. Registration will open soon!
To apply, click here. Complete all steps outlined to submit your application and pay your registration online. Registration will close on May 24th, 2020 at 5 pm. Registrants will be emailed DocuSign waiver forms on May 25th, 2020. Signed waivers must be submitted no later than June 1st, 2020.
For more information or questions please contact Dr. Tiffiny Rye-McCurdy at MRN-SummerPrograms@osu.edu