Advising office located in Suite 100 Maynard Hall
If you have been away from Ohio State and would like to resume taking classes please call 740-725-6334 for more information. Deadlines apply.
Important Dates and Deadlines for Spring 2018
Online Transcript Ordering Transcripts must be ordered by the student online. They are not available for printing or pick-up at Marion campus. For assistance call 614-292-9330.
Enrollment Verification This link will provide you with options and instructions to generate verification of your enrollment at the university.
Does Academic Advising have walk-in hours?
Walkin hours for Spring 2018 are: Tuesday's 1-3pm and Wednesday's 9-11am
NOTE: hours are subject to change without notification based on advising calendars. Students will see advisor available. An appointment may be required if a student needs to see their advisor of record.
Do you have a hold on your Student Center (account)? Check your To-Do-List
- Reasons a hold may be placed on your Student Center include but are not limited to:
- Financial Responsibility Statement is not completed. This must be completed prior to scheduling courses each semester for all current OSU students
- Past due financial balance -check your statement of account in Buckeye Link. Financial Aid at 740-725-6389, or the phone number listed in your student center messages
- When a student has a cumulative academic grade point average under 2.0 a scheduling hold is placed on the student's Buckeye Link Student Center. Contact the Academic Advsing Office at 740-725-6334 to discuss your hold. Contact Financial Aid if you have a financial hold- 740725-6389
- Missing high school and/or college transcripts will create an account hold. Contact Marion campus Admissions at 740-725-6242 for assistance
- Are are a first semester college student at Ohio State and want to adjust your class schedule? All schedule changes for new students must include a conversation with your academic advisor (this includes College Credit Plus (CPP) students who are in their first semester of post high school college enrollment).
Earn Your Associate of Arts Degree from The Ohio State University!
Students wishing to apply for the Associate of Arts degree should contact the Academic Advising Department at 740-725-6334. Deadline to apply for spring 2018 is February 28th.
Applying for Grade Forgiveness- application must be completed by student online
Grade Forgiveness applications are due by the 4th Friday of each semester. The applications for spring 2018 has closed. Contact your academic advisor if you have questions. 740-725-6334
What is the Grade Forgiveness Policy?
Undergraduate students of any rank may be eligible to repeat up to three courses for grade forgiveness. Students must meet with their academic advisor to discuss eligibility for the policy. Some restrictions may apply. The deadline to submit the online application for grade forgiveness is the 4th Friday of autumn and spring semester. Details about Grade Forgiveness can be found here 3335-8-27.1. Electronic forms to apply for grade forgiveness can be found at the Registrar's webpage by clicking students>current>forms>gradeforgiveness