Ohio State’s College of Engineering and Knowlton School of Architecture strive to foster a learning culture that prepares students to be key contributors to society through their technological, professional, and personal skills. Our faculty and our students thrive in an environment of new ideas and concepts that expand the understanding of science, engineering and architecture.
Enginnering program flyer >>>
Ohio State’s engineering program is ranked first among all Ohio universities and 17th nationally among public universities in the U.S. News & World Report 2012 graduate listings.
The Ohio State University College of Engineering has formed a partnership with Ohio State Marion to offer all of the first and many of the second-year requirements for the university’s 14 engineering degree programs which include:
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Environmental Engineering
- Food, Agricultural, and Biological Engineering
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Materials Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Welding Engineering
Significant Aspects of the Program
A unique feature of the Ohio State Marion engineering program is two industrial robots that are part of the lab experience. The engineering lab, which accommodates 32 students at a time, is equipped with 9 computers and a 3-dimensional printer. The adjacent engineering classroom is equipped with 36 computers loaded with all the software the College of Engineering requires.
Unique Program Features
- Students are enrolled in smaller classes and experience personalized attention. Students will be prepared for their transition to the Columbus Campus.
- Students experience a liberal arts college environment while being part of the Ohio State system, one university with six campuses.
- Students have many opportunities to interact with faculty and staff.
- 98% of students receive financial assistance, making college more affordable.
Co-ops and Internships
Ohio State Marion Career Services works with Columbus campus to assist undergraduate engineering students in their sophomore year to engage in cooperative learning and internships with local employers. These opportunities will allow students to develop skills to assist them in obtaining professional positions after graduation and to remain invested in Marion area industries.
Engineering core courses offered at Ohio State Marion include:
First and second-year engineering core courses offered include the following:
- Chemistry 1210 and 1220: General Chemistry
- Chemistry 1250: Chemistry for Engineers
- Chemistry 2510 and 2520: Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry 2540 and 2550: Organic Chemistry Lab
- Computer Science and Engineering 1222: Introduction to Computer Programming in C++ for Engineers & Scientists
- Computer Science and Engineering 2221: Software 1—Software components
- Electrical and Computer Engineering 2000: Electrical Engineering I
- Electrical and Computer Engineering 2100: Electrical Engineering II Electrical and Computer
- Engineering 2300: Electrical Circuits and Electronic Devices
- Engineering 1181 and 1182: Fundamentals of Engineering I & II
- Engineering 2367: Second Writing Course for Engineers
- ntegrated Systems Engineering 2040: Engineering Economics
- Mathematics 1151 and 1152: Calculus I and Calculus II
- Mathematics 1172: Engineering Mathematics A
- Mathematics 2173: Engineering Mathematics B
- Mathematics 2174: Linear Algebra and Differential Equations for Engineers
- Mathematics 2177: Mathematical Topics for Engineers
- Mathematics 2568: Linear Algebra
- Mechanical Engineering 2010: Statics
- Mechanical Engineering 2020: Mechanics of Materials
- Mechanical Engineering 2030: Dynamics
- Mechanical Engineering 2040: Statics & Introduction to Mechanics of Materials
- Philosophy 1332: Engineering Ethics
- Physics 1250 & 1251: Physics for Engineers I & II
- Statistics 3450 & 3470: Statistics for Engineers
For more information
Current or prospective students interested in learning more should contact the academic advisor for Engineering, Penny Eyster at (740) 725-6246 or email: email@example.com.
For admission information, visit: http://osumarion.osu.edu/admissions or call (740) 725-6242.