Engineering Summer Programs
STEM Summer Camp
June 4-8 • 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The STEM Summer Camp focuses on relevant science and engineering topics, as well as incorporating the arts through video production and editing. Camp attendees will experience four integrated, multidisciplinary projects working directly with Ohio State Marion faculty, undergraduate peer mentors, and local high school teachers.
For more information please click here.
Ohio State’s engineering program is ranked first among all Ohio Universities.
Engineering Summer Camp
This workshop is for all incoming Ohio State Marion engineering students. This 5-day camp is designed for new engineering students.
Math, science, and engineering faculty from our Engineering program will lead sessions to help prepare you for your college experience.
Summer Computing Camp for High School Girls
June 11-15 • 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
The camp provides an opportunity for high school girls to experience computer science and engineering by engaging in activities and projects with Ohio State Marion engineering faculty.The program features:
- Design, assemble, and perform test flights of a drone!
- Experience computer programming and learn the fundamental concepts of the C/C++ language
- Learn the basics of the Linux Operating System that college level students learn
- Gain hands-on experience with modeling and 3D printing
- Experience computer-aided design using SolidWorks
- Practice data analysis with Microsoft Excel
- Build projects that demonstrate the fundamental principles of electrical circuits and systems
- Experience team projects to create solutions to design challenges and discover the potential of your creativity!
- Experience team building and problem solving
Join us at the Summer Computing Camp and have great experiences in computer science, technology, and engineering with fun and excitement while collaborating with peers and OSU faculty!
Attendees will receive a $250.00 scholarship to attend Ohio State Marion. Winners of the engineering project contest will receive an additional $500 scholarship to attend The Ohio State University at Marion.
When: June 11th - June 15th, 2018
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Where: Ohio State Marion's Science and Engineering Building
Cost: $100 registration fee includes lunches, snacks, drone project, 3D printing, software and all the other lab cost.
Applicant must be a female student currently enrolled as an upcoming sophomore, junior, or senior in any high school, and interested in computing!
To apply, visit the online registration here. Complete all steps outlined to submit your application. Applications are due by 5 p.m., April 30th. Spaces are limited so register today!
Women in Engineering Summer Camp
June 11-15 • 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Women in Engineering Summer Camp is focused on introducing engineering concepts to middle school girls. This program allows girls to participate in hand-on projects to broaden their knowledge and skills. Participants will explore different majors and become familiar with various engineering disciples with an ultimate goal of making informed decisions and building pathways into high school engineering courses.
- Camp attendees will experience multidisciplinary projects working directly with Ohio State Marion faculty and local middle school teachers.
- Students will work in teams to design, build, and test a model rocket. Groups will analyze the results to establish the basic factors for an efficient rocket design.
- Attendees will learn about renewable sources of energy (solar, wind, and green house) and sustainability by building an energy efficient model house.
- Additional sessions include an introduction to problem solving, excel, coding and a robotics challenge.
- All participants will receive a certificate of completion from Ohio State Marion.
Lunch and lab costs are included in the $100 registration fee.
Applicant must be an upcoming seventh, eighth, and ninth grade student in any U.S. middle school.
To apply, visit online registration here. Complete all steps outlined to submit your application. Applications are due by 5 pm on April 30, 2018. Spaces are limited so register today!