STEM Summer Camp
June 4-8, 2018 • 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The STEM Summer Camp focuses on relevant science and engineering topics, as well as incorporating the arts through video production and editing. Camp attendees will experience four integrated, multidisciplinary projects working directly with Ohio State Marion faculty, undergraduate peer mentors, and local high school teachers.
For more information please click here.
Ohio State’s engineering program is ranked first among all Ohio Universities.
Engineering Summer Camp
August 6-10, 2018 • 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The Engineering Summer Camp is a five-day camp for incoming Freshmen. A basic lunch will be provided.
A $50.00 fee will be assessed to defray costs for this Summer Camp.
Summer Engineering Camp for Middle School Girls
June 11-15, 2018 • 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Summer Engineering Camp for Middle School Girls provides an opportunity for middle school girls to participate in hand-on projects to broaden their knowledge and skills. Attendees will explore different majors and become familiar with various engineering disciplines with an ultimate goal of making informed decisions and building pathways into high school engineering courses.
Camp participants will:
- Experience multidisciplinary projects covering a wide range of engineering concepts
- Utilize team working skills to design, construct, and test a model rocket. Groups will analyze the results to establish the basic factors for an efficient rocket design
- Learn about renewable sources of energy (solar, wind, and green house) and sustainability by building an energy efficient model house
- Gain experience working with robots to implement simple tasks and compete in a team challenge
- Explore data analysis and problem solving techniques in Microsoft Excel
- All participants will receive a certificate of completion from Ohio State Marion
Where: Ohio State Marion's Science and Engineering Building
Cost: $100 (lunch, snack, and lab costs are included in the $100 registration fee)
Eligibility: Applicant must be an upcoming seventh, eighth, or ninth grade student in any U.S. middle school.
To apply, visit online registration go.osu.edu/womenengineering. Complete all steps outlined to submit your application. Applications are due by 5 pm on April 30, 2018. Spaces are limited so register today!
For more information or questions please contact Qudsia Tahmina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the release forms that must be filled out and mailed with a check payable to:
The Ohio State University at Marion
Summer Camp Coordinators
210B MSE Building
1465 Mt. Vernon Avenue
Marion, OH 43302