Engineering at Ohio State Marion
Ohio State Marion offers the first full year of coursework towards an Ohio State degree in engineering and select second-year course offerings in the areas of computer science engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering, in addition to growing the general education curriculum for engineering.
It is recommended that students select a minor in one of many areas the campus offers, broadening their horizons in this continuously changing world.
Our faculty have terminal degrees in their field, and are world-class researchers and distinguished teachers. They take great pride in teaching students who are curious and who look forward to “discovering the undiscovered.”
Our faculty instill appreciation of engineering through our nationally recognized First-Year Engineering Program and continue to foster lifelong learning for our students through graduation. Students, depending on their interest, will:
- enhance their team building potential and technological abilities that transcend the traditional lecture/lab approach;
- improve the quality of life, leisure and travel, and the science of observing our world;
- learn hardware and software product development, quality assurance, documentation and training;
- gain knowledge of computer, aerospace, automotive, telephone and electric utilities, electronics manufacturers, and other industries;
- understand performance of system and its productivity, responsiveness to customer needs and the quality of products or services produced for industrial processes;
- study topics ranging from numerical methods to fluid dynamics, heat transfer to automatic control systems;
- and, acquire professional and personal skills to succeed in the ever-changing engineering profession, and much more.
NATIONALLY RANKED PROGRAM
According to the U.S. News and World Report,
"Ohio State’s College of Engineering is among the top engineering schools in the nation."
At Ohio State Marion, we continue to integrate our students’ engineering education and research with local industry partners who provide internship and co-op opportunities to our students. We continually strengthen our engineering program while preparing our students for the workforce of the future.
Accreditation: The Engineering Program at the Ohio State University is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
APPLY TO ENGINEERING AT OHIO STATE MARION
Applying to Ohio State Marion: You might be wondering how you can be a student at Ohio State Marion? The process is straightforward and simple Contact: Holly Jacobson, Admissions Coordinator (740)725-6242; Fax: (740)725-6258
Campus Visit: You are encouraged visit the campus on any weekday to speak directly with an admissions counselor. The campus visit day site: go.osu.edu/visitmarion provides detailed information visit days and the admissions site provides detail about application procedures, and tuition and financial aid.
Engineering Advising Office: To discuss the engineering program contact: Penny Eyster, Academic Advisor for Engineering at (740)725-6246