Academic Majors & Programs
The Ohio State University at Marion offers students the advantage of completing many Ohio State academic programs in a small-campus setting with the resources of a world-class university. We offer smaller, interactive classes that allow for a one-on-one relationship with your professors. Many degrees can be earned entirely at Ohio State Marion.
MAJORS & DEGREE PROGRAMS IN MARION
Students may complete the following degrees in their entirety on the Marion campus.
Biology - Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Bachelor of Science in Biology
Business Management - Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Education - Bachelor of Science in Education (Child and Youth Studies)
English - Bachelor of Arts in English
History - Bachelor of Arts in History
Psychology - Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Nursing: R.N. to B.S.N. - Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Social Work - Bachelor of Science in Social Work
Associate of Arts Degree
Key Academic Programs in Marion
Key Academic Programs in Marion
In addition, with nationally & internationally recognized researchers and teachers in many areas, you can complete the majority of coursework for the following majors.
- Engineering Ohio State Marion offers the first full year of coursework towards an Ohio State degree in engineering and select second-year course offerings in the areas of computer science engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering, in addition to growing the general education curriculum for engineering.
- Life Sciences (Begin coursework in majors including Evolution, Ecology, & Organismal Biology (EEOB),
Molecular Genetics, Microbiology)
Pre-Professional Areas of Study in Marion
Pre-professional is a category for students who intend to enter a professional school after graduating with their bachelor’s degrees. At Ohio State, "pre-law," "pre-health," and "pre-education" are not majors. They are officially-recognized areas of academic interest. Identifying your pre-professional interest will enable your college advisor, your major advisor, and your pre-professional advisor to provide you with a wide range of support to realize your goals.
Areas of academic interests include:
Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Law, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Veterinary Medicine
Get Your Start in Many other Ohio State Majors
Regardless of which Ohio State degree program you want to pursue, you can complete one-to-three years of Ohio State’s over 200 majors (available coursework varies by major) in Marion before making the seamless transition to the Columbus campus to complete your degree. In addition to Ohio State's over 200 majors, there are hundreds of specializations and minors, as well as the opportunity to double major.
You may also choose to explore:
- University Exploration for individualized advising and resources if you're undecided.
- business, health care and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) at Ohio State. Each describes Ohio State majors leading to a degree in the profession, as well as career possibilities.
- Foreign Languages including Arabic, American Sign Language, French, Spanish, and Swahili.