Green Screen Challenge
To celebrate the opening of our new Digital Production Studio, the Marion campus Office of Student Life would like to announce the Ohio State Marion Green Screen Challenge!
Using the green screen in our video studio, your challenge is to recreate a famous scene from the world of film. Whether it’s the infamous shower scene in Psycho, Jack’s tearful goodbye to Rose in Titanic, Brody telling Quint he’s “gonna need a bigger boat” in Jaws, or literally every single scene in The Room, the movies are full of these iconic moments. Your task is to choose one of these cinematic gems and remake it, using your own skill and talent. These recreations can be faithful to their original counterparts, or they can poke fun at them, but at the end of the day, we encourage you to have fun with it!
Entries will be judged by a panel consisting of “experts” combined with a “people’s choice” component (basically, the total number of likes each entry receives after being posted to Ohio State Marion’s official social media accounts). There will be a screening event held on the evening of April 14, where the winning entries will receive awards in amounts to be determined
Tuesday and Thursday walk in studio time available from 9-4. Time outside of these hours can be requested by emailing your request to email@example.com.
- Students can work individually or in groups.
- Time limit: 3 minutes (if your original scene exceeds this limit, you may need to tighten up your edit).
- Scene must be shot entirely using the green screen.
- Since these will be circulated publicly, keep it PG-13 (if you have to, bleep yourself!).
- Deadline for submissions is Friday, April 3rd.
- Drag and drop your finished project below (You’ll be asked to provide a title, name, and email address).
Email Karen Leuthold, Program Coordinator of Student Life and Diversity & Inclusion, at firstname.lastname@example.org.