Colloquium Submission Guidlines
- Submit two documents:
2. Typed Abstract: The abstract should be written in paragraph format and cover the following topics (but do not use these as headings or sections in the abstract body):
- Research question or project goal
- Project background or context
- Methodology or process
- Results or major outcome
- Conclusions about the broader implications of your work
- Consult with your faculty research advisor before submitting an abstract and follow your advisor’s suggestions for writing the abstract. Advisor approval of the abstract is required for participation in the Forum.
- Submit electronic version of submission form and abstract in ‘.pdf’ or ‘.doc’ format to Dr. Christopher Daddis ( email@example.com) by Friday, April 7, 2017.
- Resources on writing an abstract are available on the Denman website where you can also refer to approved abstracts from previous Denman Forums.
- The abstract must specify at least preliminary findings. Projects in progress that lack preliminary findings will not be accepted.
- The project title should be no more than 20 words.
- The body of the abstract must be at least 150 words and no more than 300 words, in a single paragraph with no headings or citations.
- Once your abstract is submitted, your faculty research advisor or course professor will receive an e-mail requesting approval of your abstract.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent electronically.
*based on OSU Deman Research Forum submission guidelines.
Please contact Dr. Christopher Daddis (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions regarding student research submissions.