Free opt-in coronavirus testing continues for students, faculty, and staff
Voluntary COVID testing for students, as well as faculty and staff, continues at the Alber Student Center gymnasium in the Marion campus. (Enter using the southwest doors.)
Next testing date and location:
Wednesday, November 4th
Monday, November 9th
Wednesday, November 18th
Monday, November 23rd
Testing will be done at Alber Student Center Gymnasium (use the southwest doors that enter directly into the gym since the other doors are closed for construction). The time is 10 a.m. – 1:45 p.m., and you can arrive at a time convenient for you. Testing typically takes 10-30 minutes (including your wait).
Testing will continue to be offered in Marion and messages with those details will be sent ahead of time as you can continue to be tested as part of this program or be tested another week if this coming Thursday does not work with your schedule.
You should wear a mask when you arrive and keep it on until you are asked to take it off. The testing will be provided at no cost to you and will be considered work time. Please work with your supervisor to determine when you should test during your work schedule.
Please note these instructions:
- This testing program is for asymptomatic individuals. If you have a fever or symptoms on the day of your test, please contact your physician or The Ohio State University COVID Call Center at 614-293-4000 for advice.
- If you have had a positive COVID-19 test within the past 90 days, you should not be tested.
- Because this is a saliva test, it is recommended that you try to hydrate in the hours before your test, however, you should not eat, drink, smoke, chew gum or use mouthwash within 30 minutes of your test.
- Please pre-register and complete the consent process at the following website: go.osu.edu/vaultregistration. Complete the process up to the point where you are asked to enter a “Kit ID.” You should register using your university email (email@example.com) and current residence address. Please bring a smart phone or to the testing site. If you do not have a device, iPads will be available.
- Please bring your BuckID to the testing site and have it ready to show at check-in. You will not need a health insurance card.
- Enter through the southwest door of the gym and follow signs for testing (there is no drive-up testing option). Testing will occur inside the facility, with physical distancing and masks required. Only those who need to complete testing will be permitted in the testing facility.
- You will receive results via your university email account within two to three business days from Vault Health, a testing service that Ohio State has contracted to conduct the testing. A representative from the Ohio State Case Investigation and Contact Tracing Team will call you if you have a positive test result. Please note that if results are received later into the night, you may not be contacted until the next morning.
For those who need to sit while waiting, you may request a chair when you check in. If you are in need of any other accommodation for your test, please submit a Workplace Accommodation Request via HR Connection. If you have other questions about the testing process, contact HR Connection at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 247-myHR (6947).
For all other questions about COVID-19 protocols on campus, please see the Safe and Healthy Buckeyes website.