Digital flagship looking for Marion campus student liaison
Digital Flagship Program – The Digital Flagship program that oversees the iPad deployment and support to all the new freshman would like to hire a student at the Marion campus to represent the project and be a liaison between students and the project. If you are interested in this position please submit a resume and cover letter to Andrew Jackson at email@example.comPosition Description:
- Working Title: Student Mentor
- Standard Hours per week: 5-10
- Supervisor’s Name: Andrew Jackson
- Pay Rate or Range: $9/hour
- Job duration: Academic year, Summer
- Work Schedule: Shifts vary
Student assistants in this position will play meaningful roles in forwarding the goals of the Digital Flagship initiative. The Digital Flagship initiative, in collaboration with Apple, is creating a comprehensive, university-wide digital learning initiative that will support educational innovation to benefit students and economic development opportunities for the campus and broader community. In this position, student assistants have the opportunity to contribute in multiple ways based on experience, strengths, and area of interest for growth and development.
Student Assistants will have the opportunity to serve as an ambassador to the campus community, presenting and consulting with small groups or individuals, providing in-class demonstrations, facilitating workshops and office hours, and contributing to the overall student experience.
- Student Assistants will have the opportunity to support the deployment and maintenance of iPads, applications, and other iPad related needs.
- Student Assistants will have the opportunity to identify key university needs that could be met through app development and be a part of the app development and delivery process.
- Student Assistants will have the opportunity to engage with the broader university community to develop communications for the Discover app and other enterprise app developments, on-demand resources, etc.
The ideal candidates will be eager learners who support inclusive approaches to education and technology, enjoy working with peers, and are adaptable. Professionalism, prompt and effective communication, ability to organize, ability to work autonomously, and record of accountability and reliability are key. Desire to learn and to effectively represent The Ohio State University in a public-facing, high profile project is important.
Desired areas of experience or interest (based on variety of work opportunities within the Digital Flagship initiative). Training will be provided.
Troubleshooting skills; student support; student services; student life familiarity; public speaking; basic fluency in some video editing software; experience shooting and editing video on an iPad; familiarity with Apple products and iOS; app development; experience designing and delivering presentations; graphic design; instructional design; and familiarity with accessibility requirements are all desirable for this position but training and development will be provided.
NOTE: Opportunities exist for employment in this role at all regional campuses and at the Columbus campus. Schedules may vary based on student availability and needs of the initiative.
Please submit a current resume (with contact information) and a cover letter to Andrew Jackson at: firstname.lastname@example.org