Buckeye Ambassadors at the Marion Campus are often one of the first contacts prospective students and families have when they visit Ohio State Marion. Our Buckeye Ambassadors welcome new students and their guests, provide insightful connections and represent Ohio State Marion at various recruitment events. Our Buckeye Ambassadors are a friendly, high-achieving group of student leaders who are excited about the opportunities that Ohio State Marion has to offer.
Meet our current Buckeye Ambassadors
Name: Caroline Anderson
Major: Social Work
Hometown: Delaware, Ohio
One piece of advice for incoming students: Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it!
Name: Jenna Basinger
Major: Early Childhood Education
Hometown: Jamestown, Ohio
One piece of advice for incoming students: Get involved as much as possible with campus events.
Name: Sara Craig
Hometown: Carey, Ohio
One piece of advice for incoming students: Talk to other students and make friends. Don’t be afraid to go to the professors office hours to get help with homework, etc. HAVE FUN!!!
Name: Jasmine Gaffney
Major: Business major, sociology minor
Hometown: Marion, Ohio
One piece of advice for incoming students: Learn how to manage your time. Doing this will save you time in the long run. You will be less stressed and able to have fun, but also get what you need to done.
Name: Samuel Hyburg
Hometown: Delaware, Ohio
One piece of advice for incoming students: Begin with the end in mind.
Name: Joyce Joseph
Hometown: Lewis Center, Ohio
One piece of advice for incoming students: Don’t start studying for exams the night before.
Name: Alison Mroczkowski
Major: Political Science
Hometown: Marysville, Ohio
One piece of advice for incoming students: Get involved! Relax and enjoy!
Name: Alexis Nicholson
Major: Animal Science, Pre-Veterinary Medicine
Hometown: Richwood, Ohio
One piece of advice for incoming students: Manage your time well, find a good study habit early because you will need one!
Name: Bailee Patton
Hometown: West Jefferson, Ohio
One piece of advice for incoming students: Plan your time wisely. Know when to study but also when to slow down and take a deep breath. Don’t forget to have some fun, even if that’s just meeting a friend for ice cream. Sometimes that can be the biggest stress reliever ever.
Name: Trent Ramsey
One piece of advice for incoming students:
Name: Jade Ritzert
Major: Exercise Science
Hometown: Hudson, Ohio
One piece of advice for incoming students: Be proactive and don't wait until the last minute!
Name: Bayli Sanders
Hometown: Bryan, Ohio
One piece of advice for incoming students: Remember to have some fun to balance out all the stress of studying! And don’t be afraid to ask people questions!
Name: Jack Smith
Major: Business Management
Hometown: Upper Sandusky, Ohio
One piece of advice for incoming students: Be active!
Name: Hollie Swain
Major: Social work, minor in psychology
Hometown: Marion, Ohio
One piece of advice for incoming students: College is all what you put into it, jump on every opportunity!
Name: Sarah Thomas
Major: Food Science
Hometown: Kenton, Ohio
One piece of advice for incoming students: Don't be afraid to get to know your professors.
Interested in becoming an ambassador? We are always looking for enthusiastic students to join our team.
- This is a paid on campus position. Ambassadors will average between 2-10 hours per week, depending on availability.
- Schedules are flexible. Ambassadors will be encouraged to attend larger group events as well as individual tour requests as we get them.
- Opportunity to become more connected to camps and network with Ohio State staff and the community.
- Gain experience in the workplace, develop leadership skills and build your resume!
- Improve public speaking and communication skills.
There are two steps to the application process.
- Apply for the position at: https://intraweb.marion.ohio-state.edu/a2/main.php
- Then submit a statement on why you want to be a Buckeye Ambassador or a 3-5 minute video on why you want to become an ambassador to Holly Jacobson at Jacobson.email@example.com. Get creative and have fun!
- Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis and will not be considered complete without both components (application and essay or video).
Qualified applicants must:
- Maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Have energy and enthusiasm for working with incoming students and families.
- Possess strong communication skills in individual and larger group settings.
- Be flexible and dependable. Time management skills are very important to this position.
- Be willing to take on challenges and to learn.
- Provide campus tours to visitors.
- Provide a student’s perspective to families and tour groups about Ohio State Marion. This includes campus life, academics and physical facilities.
- Serve on student panels for various groups around campus.
- Assist enrollment services staff during recruitment events, which may include occasional evening hours.
- Assist with outreach as needed.
- Attend required team meetings with Buckeye Ambassador Groups
- Complete required training sessions and use established communication methods.
- Have fun!
For more information or questions, please contact Holly Jacobson at Jacobson.firstname.lastname@example.org.