Email is the primary method of communication used and messages will be sent to your Ohio Sate email account. If you're not used to checking your email daily, now is a great time to start that practice!
- Activate your OSU username and email account. This is your buckeyemail account and you need to have it activated before you can do most things at Ohio State including accessing Orientation steps. Visit http://my.osu.edu to activate your username. For easy access to email, be sure you have your Ohio State email account through Outlook set up on your phone.
- Check your Buckeyemail for information and updates. Username/Login Name: email@example.com*** Please note the use of buckeyemail.osu.edu, firstname.lastname@example.org ***
Complete these items as they become available.
- Access your To Do List on your My Buckeye Link page. Click on any item for additional details and instructions for completing. Deadlines, if applicable, and contact information will be listed for each item. The To Do List will include COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement – Your enrollment requires this step to be complete! Do not delay in submitting documentation as directed in email received from BuckMD.
Other To Do List items may include but are not limited to:
- Placement Testing – required for enrollment in many courses.
- Submitting final transcripts/test scores, if applicable
- Financial Responsibility Statement – required for course enrollment.
- Selective Service Registration
- Complete the Carmen course "Marion Orientation - Autumn 2022". This course will become available on May 16th to students who have paid the $100 acceptance fee.
- Register for on campus Orientation! The registration link will become on May 16th to students who have paid the $100 acceptance fee. Half day Orientation programs are in person and offered on select Wednesdays in June, July, and early August. Your attendance at one of these programs is required before you’re able to schedule classes with an Academic Advisor
Additional information on To Do List items:
Familiarize yourself with the test format, access a list of test topics and sample problems, and read through some frequently asked questions and answers here. If you are currently in a math course in high school or through another college or university, it's recommended that you take the Math Placement Test soon after you've completed the course. You're likley to have the most familiarity with test topics at that time.
Take your Math Placement Test online at least three days prior to Orientation. Visit the following website to take the Math Placement Test: https://buckeyelink3.osu.edu/secure/math
If you take the online test and receive a score of "U" (score undetermined), you must retake the test a second time. The 2nd attempt will not be available until the day after your first attempt.
If you have not taken the math test by your Advising appointment date, you will not be able to schedule a math class for your first semester and your timeline for completing your degree may be impacted.
Please Note: You may only take the Math Placement Test one time unless your original score is "U".
Order Official Transcripts and Test Scores. Only official transcripts will be accepted by Ohio State – either from your high school and/or from the registrar of your former or current university. Official transcripts must be sent from the academic institution to the Ohio State address listed below. Do not have official transcripts sent to the student and do not have them sent to the Marion campus.
Send Official Transcripts to:
The Ohio State University
P.O. Box 182646
Columbus, OH 43218
Submit electronically to: email@example.com
Talk with your parents/guardians/spouse about your health insurance coverage. Ohio State students enrolled in 6 or more credit hours must have health insurance. You will automatically be charged for OSU’s student health insurance plan. If you are covered through another plan, you must waive the OSU coverage through your Buckeye Link. This can be done prior to or at Orientation. You will need information found on your health insurance card to waive the OSU coverage. Information on the OSU health insurance plan can be found at: http://shi.osu.edu
Complete the Financial Responsibility Statement. The terms of this agreement are found in the "To Do List" area of your Buckeye Link. You will not be able to schedule classes until you agree to the terms of the statement.
If you are a male, be sure that you have registered with Selective Service to avoid being charged non-resident fees. To register or to access your number, visit: http://www.sss.gov
Familiarize yourself with Carmen, Ohio State's online course management system. Important content will be delivered through Carmen starting on May 16th. Click here for information and tutorials.