Marion Alumni Club
Each scholarship recipient receives $1,200.00. The students were selected through the application they submitted and personal interviews with the scholarship committee headed by Russ McBride. The students shared some of their career goals at the May 5th Spring Meeting held in the Guthery Room. James "Scoonie" Penn was the speaker at that meeting and he was impressed with the quality of students that were chosen.
2015-16 Scholarship Recipients
Zialesi Win Adissem - Marion Harding
Brooklynn Beard - Ridgedale
Harlee Conley - Marion Harding
Zachary Allen Haverfield - Pleasant
Hannah Kantzer - Pleasant
Dale Lingo - Marion Harding
Sarah Longo - River Valley
- Big Ten Buckeye Bash (date TBD in October)Join the Marion County Alumni Club for their annual fundraiser which benefits the club’s general fund. This fund provides assistance for several projects at The Ohio State University at Marion, $7,000 in annual scholarships, and student recruitment. Tickets are $20/person and include a meal and entertainment.
- Game watch during basketball tournament season (date TBD in March).
- Volunteer canned food drive for National Month of Service (April).
- Spring Game (April 16).]
- Annual Spring meeting--speaker to be announced (date TBD in May).
- Summer campus tour (date TBD).
- Serve refreshments during Five Nights on Campus performances.
Five Nights on Campus
We are continuing to serve refreshments for the Five Nights on Campus series at the Marion Campus. If you are interested in helping to serve, call Marlene Temple at 740-387-2744 and let her know. Serving is easy and you have the opportunity to watch the various shows. Give it a try, you will enjoy yourself. Following is the Five Nights on Campus series for 2015-2016. All performances begin at 7:30 p.m. at Morrill Hall Auditorium. For more information about Five Nights on Campus >>>
- Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- The Palace Theatre Big Band
- Thursday, November 5, 2015 -- A Day in Hollywood/A Night in the Ukraine
- Friday, November 5, 2015 -- A Day in Hollywood/A Night in the Ukraine
- Thursday, March 10, 2016 -- The Ohio State University Men's Glee Club
- Thursday, April 14, 2016 -- TR! The Man in the Arena
- Thursday, May 12, 2016 -- The General Guinness Band
A canned food drive is being planned for April, the national month of service. Donation boxes will be available throughout Marion County and all collected items will be given to local food banks. A complete list of donation locations will be available soon.
President: Ted Temple
Vice President: Mark Osborne
Treasurer: Ann Wickersham
Secretary: Marlene Temple
Scholarship: Russ McBride