Mary Ellen Tobin
Professional Math Tutor
- Walk-in professional math help
- Tables for group study
- Smart Board and white board
- Calculator assistance
- Selection of math books available for use in Math Lab
Summer 2019 Semester Hours
The Math Lab will not hold walk-in hours this summer. However, students may request free tutoring in advance of their desired meeting time as we have 2 Math peer tutors available this summer. To request tutoring, please submit an online form by clicking on the “Request a peer tutor” link at the bottom right corner of our website. If you need assistance with the online form, please stop by MSE 210B, and Dr. Tiffiny Rye-McCurdy will help you.
2017-2018 Math Lab Usage Statistics
705 Total Visits
1078 Total Hours Logged By Students
70 Individual Students Served
17 Courses Supported
73.4% Repeat Visitors
Math Links (click here to open)
OSU Math & Statistics Learning Center
• Course-specific resources including:
• Exam review materials, handouts, workshops, some online lessons
• Videos on ALL levels of math, physics, chemistry, biology, and more
• Covers full spectrum of classes from high school to college – some Test Prep
• Videos sorted by topic and grade level - Practice problems with hints
• Explanations and methods may vary from your instructor
• Wide range of math topics, including Algebra, Calculus, Geometry, and Data
• Simple explanations and worksheets
• Provides links to various math websites
• “Algebra, math homework solvers, lessons and free tutors online”
• Covers Pre-Algebra, Algebra I and II, and Geometry
• HUNDREDS of math videos covering high school and college topics.
• Math lessons and math forums – through College Algebra
• Standardized test prep
• Includes math homework matched to a large number of textbooks
Paul’s Online Math Notes
• Thorough math notes written by Professor at Lamar University.
• Algebra, Calculus I-III, and Differential Equations covered.
• Practice problems, tables, and cheat sheets for all classes.
• “computational knowledge engine”
• Search engine able to perform complex calculations
• OSU professors
• Calculus1 and Calculus2
• Online interactive textbook
• Calculus I and II videos by multiple universities, including OSU
MIT Open Courseware
• Notes, lectures, practice problems, and more.
• Some classes have full lectures by MIT professors
• Covers math, physics, engineering, education, etc.