Safety & Crime Prevention Tips
- Always plan the safest
route to your destination.
- Let others know where you are going and when
you will return.
- Walk with a companion whenever possible or talk to
someone on a cell phone while walking to car.
- Use public
walkways and stay in well
- lit and traveled areas.
- When walking, take
note of potential hiding spots and use caution as you approach them.
- Avoid carrying and displaying large amounts of cash.
- Remain aware of
- If you feel uncomfortable in a situation, leave as
soon as possible.
- Always lock your vehicle doors, even while you are
- Do not leave belongings in unlocked classrooms during breaks
or other times when they may be unmonitored.
- Park in well lighted areas
and remove valuables from sight.
- Always know where emergency exits and
phones are located.