The Ohio State University at Marion manages over 45 individual scholarship funds which provide up to $1.2 million annually in campus-based scholarships.
- New students admitted to Ohio State Marion by February 15, 2015 for the 2015-2016 school year will receive first consideration for available scholarship funds, with students admitted after that date being considered on a funds-available basis only. No separate scholarship application is required of new applicants.
- Current or returning Ohio State students who wish to apply for Marion campus scholarship funds must complete the online 2015-16 Ohio State Marion Scholarship Application by February 15, 2015 at http://intraweb.marion.ohio-state.edu/Scholarship/ScholApp.php.
- Our awards are based upon either prior academic performance (cumulative GPA), financial need, or a combination of the two. Therefore, filing your FAFSA by the February 15 priority deadline is strongly encouraged in order to maximize the likelihood of qualifying for a scholarship award.
- Awards will be prorated for less than full-time attendance in a given term.
- Awards cannot be used to pay tuition or other fees at another OSU campus or another college or university.
- Eligible students may receive a maximum of four years (eight semesters) of Marion campus scholarships.
- Unused portions of awards from one term cannot be carried over to another term.
- For merit-based awards, current student cumulative grade point averages as of February 15, 2015 will be used to determine eligibility for 2015-2016 awards.
We also offer a Dean's Scholarship, which provides full in-state tuition and a book allowance to 2015 high school graduates who meet the following criteria:
- Admitted to Ohio State Marion by February 15, 2015
- Plan to major in Elementary Education, English, History, General Business Management, Psychology, Social Work or Engineering
- Will have completed a full college-preparatory curriculum upon graduation
- Will graduate in the top 10% of their high school class
- Have a minimum ACT composite score of 27
- Successfully complete the competition process
The Dean's Scholarship is renewable for up to a total of 8 semesters (4 semesters for Engineering), provided the student commits to complete one of the qualifying degree programs entirely at the Marion campus (two full years of Engineering), maintains full-time enrollment at the Marion campus and a 3.5 cumulative grade point average. Two Dean's scholarships for each of the above majors are awarded each year.
Questions about scholarships? Please e-mail Katie Harris, Financial Aid Coordinator at Harris.email@example.com, or by phone at (740) 725-6389.