Goals of Student Services
- Contribute to the enrichment of students' academic success and enhance their quality of life.
- Offer out-of-class learning and leadership opportunities through programs and services, organizations, and employment dedicated to intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual, social, and career development.
- Minimize campus bureaucracy and barriers for students.
- Provide timely and effective information that assists and enables them to take responsibility for their total campus experience.
- Educate others within the university community about the distinct needs and problems facing students.
- Foster a lifelong appreciation of and involvement in wellness and recreational activities.
- Promote a proactive approach to living a balanced lifestyle.
- Provide a variety of clean, safe, and comfortable environments in which to live, learn, work, and relax.
- Offer attractive, functional, and accessible facilities that successfully support the community's personal, academic, and programmatic goals.
- Cultivate respect for and appreciation of personal and cultural differences among all members of the university community.
- Provide support, services, and programs to achieve Diversity Plan goals.
- Continue to hire and support a diverse workforce to enhance these efforts.
- Offer programs and events that build lifelong memories, friendships, and relationships.
- Add vibrancy to university life though sporting events, student clubs and organizations, community service projects, concerts, and guest speakers.
- Encourage a sense of community and connection though these shared experiences.
- Provide service opportunities for students and staff to develop social responsibility and challenge them to become active community members.
- Encourage social awareness and involvement toward meeting local, national, and global needs.