STEM Summer Camp
The STEM Summer Camp focuses on relevant science and engineering topics, as well as incorporating the arts through video production and editing. Camp attendees will experience four integrated, multidisciplinary projects working directly with Ohio State Marion faculty, undergraduate peer mentors, and local high school teachers.
- Students will experience a field biology exercise in the Yoder Prairie Nature Center, an 11-acre tall grass prairie at Ohio State Marion.
- Attendees will combine mechanical and electrical engineering, computer programming, and robotics as they design, build, and write the code to control an electric-powered model Advanced Energy Vehicle (AEV).
- Students will use state-of-the-art biochemistry techniques to identify a “guilty suspect” via the DNA samples left behind at a mock crime scene.
- Additionally students will learn how to produce and edit YouTube videos about the STEM projects experienced during camp. On the last day of camp, students will share their videos with faculty, staff, and family during our closing ceremony.
When: June 4th - June 8th
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Where: Ohio State Marion's Science and Engineering Building
Cost: $100 per attendee
- Begin your college academic experience in classes taught by Ohio State faculty
- Sessions include hands-on projects teaching computer programming, engineering, math, chemistry, biology, physics, and geology
- Tour The Ohio State University at Columbus Campus
- Attendees will be mentored by current Ohio State Marion students majoring in STEM fields
- Ohio State Marion luncheons with local STEM professionals
- All participants will receive a certificate of completion from Ohio State Marion
- All attendees will receive a $250 scholarship to attend The Ohio State Marion
- Champions of the engineer project contest will receive an additional $500 scholarship to attend The Ohio State University at Marion
Applicant must be enrolled as an upcoming freshman, sophomore, or junior in any U.S. high school.
Complete all steps outlined to submit your application. Applications are due by 5 p.m. on April 30, 2018. Spaces are limited so register today! Click here to register.
Click here to download the release forms that must be filled out and mailed with a check payable to:
The Ohio State University at Marion
Summer Camp Coordinators
210B MSE Building
1465 Mt. Vernon Avenue
Marion, OH 43302
Contact MRN-SummerPrograms@osu.edu with any questions.