Marion Campus Scholarship Info
••The Ohio State University at Marion manages over 50 individual scholarship funds which provide up to $1.2 million annually in campus-based scholarships.
• Our awards range from $1,200 to $3,600 per year, depending on academic credentials and financial need. Our annual full-time tuition rate is $7,140.
• First Choice Incentive Scholarship – Current high school seniors who apply to Marion for fall 2017 as their "first-choice" Ohio State campus by December 1, 2016 who have a minimum 2.7 high school grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) will be awarded a minimum $1,500 scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year, with higher awards available based upon academic performance and need.
• New students admitted to Ohio State Marion by February 1, 2017 for the 2017-2018 school year will receive first consideration for available scholarship funds, with students admitted after that date being considered on a funds-available basis only. No separate scholarship application is required of new applicants.
• Freshmen applicants for the Columbus campus are strongly encouraged to complete and submit all parts of their application by Columbus' November 1st Early Action deadline and to check Marion as their alternate choice campus on the Common Application to ensure scholarship consideration at Marion if they are denied admission to Columbus.
• Early Action applicants to Columbus who receive a decision of “Deferred” or who accept the offer of a position on the waitlist are encouraged to contact our office to discuss how this might affect the likelihood of potential Marion campus award should they not ultimately be admitted to Columbus.
Current and Returning Students
• Current or returning Ohio State students who wish to apply for Marion campus scholarship funds must complete the online 2017-18 Ohio State Marion Scholarship Application by February 1, 2017.
• Our awards are based upon prior academic performance (cumulative GPA), financial need, or a combination of the two. Therefore, filing your FAFSA by the February 1 priority deadline is strongly encouraged in order to maximize the likelihood of qualifying for a scholarship award.
• With limited exceptions due to health or other serious extenuating circumstances, returning Marion county students must have at least a 2.5 cumulative Ohio State GPA, and students from outside Marion county must have a least a 2.7 cumulative GPA at Ohio State in order to potentially qualify for an award. This difference is due to the greater proportion of available scholarship funds being earmarked by donors for students from Marion county.
• Awards will be prorated for less than full-time attendance in a given term.
• Awards cannot be used to pay tuition or other fees at another OSU campus or another college or university.
• Eligible students may receive a maximum of four years (eight semesters) of Marion campus scholarships.
• Unused portions of awards from one term cannot be carried over to another term.
• For merit-based awards, current student cumulative grade point averages as of February 1, 2017 will be used to determine eligibility for 2017-2018 awards.
President’s Affordability Grant
• Ohio State President Dr. Michael V. Drake has earmarked over $20 million in Affordability Grants for full-time undergraduate students with moderate-to-high financial need who are in good academic standing.
• The grants are available for both new and current students at the Columbus and Regional campuses.
• Grant amounts are $1,000 per year for qualifying Regional campus students.
• To be considered for the grant, new and current students for the 2017-2018 year should complete and submit the 2017-2018 FAFSA to Ohio State as soon as possible after October 1, 2016, but no later than February 1, 2017.
Questions regarding financial aid? Please contact Matt Moreau, Director of Financial Aid & Institutional Research at Moreau.firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (740) 725-6242.