Mission & Vision Statement
Ohio State Marion Vision
We will be the destination of choice for those seeking a university education at a campus recognized for excellence in teaching, research, community outreach, and global citizenship.
Ohio State Marion Mission
As an anchor in our community for The Ohio State University, The Ohio State University at Marion is dedicated to providing an affordable education combining the rigor and opportunities of a leading research university with the support of a small campus to prepare our students for their professions within a global society.
We achieve this by:
- Facilitating active learning through student-centered methods, including service-learning and co-ops/internships, undergraduate research and honors opportunities led by instructors recognized as experts in their fields and distinguished teachers.
- Engaging students in the discovery and creation of knowledge that has meaningful impact for local, national, and international communities.
- Embracing resource stewardship to ensure accessibility.
- Championing inclusive excellence as the keystone to academic excellence.
Ohio State Marion Strategic Priorities
- Priority 1: Strengthen our academic offerings
- Priority 2: Strengthen and expand recruitment outreach
- Priority 3: Increase financial support for students
- Priority 4: Strengthen student support services
- Priority 5: Strengthen diversity and inclusion efforts
- Priority 6: Strengthen internship/co-op programs
- Priority 7: Strengthen and expand undergraduate research and honors opportunities
- Priority 8: Strengthen relationship with campus alumni
- Priority 9: Strenghten and expand sustainability and resource stewardship efforts
- Priority 10: Increase internal and external awareness of our mission